A Psychiatric Evaluation is a comprehensive assessment of an individual, which involves the following:
- Information about their background
- Past medical history
- Past mental health history
- Mental Status Evaluation
- Determining their diagnosis
- Development of a treatment plan
- Referral to other services, as needed
- Prescription and monitoring of psychotropic medications, as needed
- Recommendations to the individual or referral source, as needed
We offer these evaluations for the purpose of individualized treatment and competency issues such as:
- Competency for parental adoption
- Competency for parental reunification
- Social Security Disability assessment
- Worker’s Compensation cases
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Readiness for surgery or specific medical treatment
- Academic and behavioral issues in children
Parental Counseling helps in many ways. It can relieve stress and guide parents in parenting style. Some parents have their own emotional or mental conditions which make them struggle in their parenthood role. Others simply need to vent to someone who can guide them and develop strategies of intervention in order to successfully channel their children’s behavior.
Medication Therapy Management is a service that utilizes drug therapy to provide clients with a positive therapeutic outcome. We create a customized treatment plan that is contingent on our patient. No patient is the same, which is why each individual receives an effective treatment plan and review. Our goal is to ensure that each patient receives the appropriate treatment based on their daily living.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
It is a treatment modality that allows the patient to focus on the present time and teaches them to value the positive aspects of their life. Although it is geared toward patients with chronic pain and physical conditions, it is utilized to manage all negative influences in a person’s life.
Transcranial Magnetic Simulation Therapy(TMS)
Trans-cranial magnetic stimulation or TMS, is a therapy that uses pulses of magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood.
TMS Therapy is an outpatient procedure that consists of 5 treatment per week in a 4-6 week period for 20-30 treatments. Each treatment is approximately 37 minutes.
Each therapy treatment is:
- Involves no surgery, anesthesia or sedation, the patient is awake and alert during the treatment.
- The treatment isn’t injected or done orally therefore it does not circulate in the bloodstream throughout the body.
- FDA cleared for patients who have depression and did not benefit from any antidepressants
Cognitive Therapy assesses a person’s thoughts. It is not uncommon to harbor negative thoughts, but with depression, those thoughts can become overwhelming, influence a person’s mood, and can even distort reality. Cognitive therapy can help reduce symptoms of depression, such as fatigue and low self-esteem by helping them learn to recognize and correct those negative automatic thoughts.
Psychotherapy & Counseling
Is the process of treating people with emotional symptoms that are affecting their daily functioning by allowing the expression of feelings and emotions affecting the individual. Meetings are regularly weekly or biweekly, about 45 minutes long. The patient receives feedback from the therapist or counselor about how to manage their concerns. Different strategies may be used in this treatment process. Studies have shown that the best treatment options can be achieved by the utilization of psychotherapy and medication management…Read More
There are a number of techniques that may be used in this process, such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychoanalytic oriented therapy
- Client-centered therapy
- Behavioral therapy